Drive Safe, Not Distracted
Adrenaline Autosound is a company that promotes safer driving practices. There are many driver safety products on display and in their demonstration vehicles which, when installed by their experts, assist drivers in the overall backing up, parking and driving awareness as well as minimizing driver distractions. Talking on the phone and texting while driving are common distractions. Backing out of a driveway and not seeing people or obstacles in blind spots are a serious awareness problem. General inattentiveness on the road is always a concern. These are all situations in which Adrenaline Autosound has solutions for your vehicle.
Sad Statistics about Injured Children
By far the most common concern for drivers lacking awareness and attentiveness is what’s called ‘the back over accident.’ According to the leading driver safety advocacy group KidsandCars.org, each week 50 children are accidentally backed over. In that sad statistic, 48 are hospitalized and two children die.
How these back over accidents occur is almost entirely preventable. More than 70% of back over accidents had a parent or family member behind the wheel at the time. In 60% of those accidents, a large vehicle common to have blind spots for low objects (such as an SUV, truck, van, etc.) was involved. Driver safety devices installed Adrenaline Autosound, such as backup cameras, can very much reduce back over accidents and save lives.
Adrenaline Autosound sells and installs a wide variety of backup cameras (also called ‘reverse cameras’). Based on your vehicle and a consultation with their in-house experts, you’ll find one or more excellent choices to address your specific needs. Here are the most popular choices for backup cameras.
- Universal Backup Cameras – A universal backup camera is one that fits most vehicles because of a variety of mounting options, one or more of which will fit your vehicle. If your vehicle lacked a backup camera as a factory option, this is an excellent choice for adding safety without having to buy a new car or truck.
- Factory-Style Backup Camera – A factory-style backup camera is one that is intended to fit specific makes and models of cars or trucks where the factory originally offered a camera for that specific vehicle, but yours didn’t come with one. These have identical function and appearance to the factory part. Once professionally installed, it operates just like the factory option would.
- Surround Camera System – A surround or ‘360 degree’ camera system uses four individual cameras to deliver an all-around view of the vehicle. This provides visual awareness in front of, behind and on both sides of the vehicle. A surround camera system can be ideal for large vehicles, lifted vehicles or vehicles that have a long hood inhibiting easy parking views. A surround camera system also may reduce the probability of scratching expensive wheels or bodywork in tight parking spaces.
In addition to the backup camera choice you select, Adrenaline Autosound offers several choices with regard to viewing the backup camera image. If your vehicle has an aftermarket double-DIN in-dash multimedia stereo, it often already has a camera input available that requires connection and configuration. If your vehicle has an existing in-dash LCD screen from the factory, Adrenaline’s experts can often integrate the factory screen to accept a camera input by using a vehicle-specific interface device. Of course there are other alternatives such as a rear view mirror with integrated LCD screens and stand-alone LCD screens, both of which may be ideal for any vehicle that does not already have an in-dash screen.
Adrenaline Autosound also offers Backup sensor systems. Rather than a video camera image on a screen, these systems provide audible warning beeps that increase in frequency when the vehicle gets closer to an obstruction. With the use of small, weather-resistant ultrasonic sensors fitted unobtrusively into the vehicle’s rear bumper, a backup sensor system can provide a great method of warning to blind-spot obstructions when parking or backing up. Should you wish to combine a backup sensor system with a backup camera, the expert technicians at Adrenaline Autosound can do that for you.
Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Warning and Blind Spot Detection
Adrenaline Autosound installs driver awareness systems that monitor lane departure warning (LDW), forward collision warning (FCW) and blind spot detection while driving. These all help to reduce the probability of accidents stemming from driver distraction or simply things outside of the driver’s field of vision when on the road. These features are sometimes found on newer luxury cars, but Adrenaline Autosound can install them on whatever vehicle you drive. Should you wish a demonstration or further information on a system combination that works best for your vehicle, visit our expert technicians and they can check your vehicle for the best fitting solution depending on your needs.
Adrenaline Autosound offers hands-free calling using Bluetooth technology. If your phone supports the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile (HFP), you have one or more options for a solution that works with your vehicle and phone. There are several Bluetooth hands-free systems and aftermarket stereos on display at Adrenaline Autosound to best experience which hands-free functionality works ideally for you.
- New In-Dash Stereo – Many of the new aftermarket in-dash stereos offered at Adrenaline Autosound come with Bluetooth hands-free capability. This is very integrated and will allow automatic muting of the sound system when an incoming or outgoing call occurs. With modern microphone and background noise cancellation technologies, the sound quality of these new stereos on hands-free calls are very good.
- Stand Alone Hands-Free Kits – A stand-alone Bluetooth hands-free kits comes with its own control panel and display. It installs in a location convenient for viewing and access to send or end calls. Some systems also display caller ID or phone book contacts. With a vehicle-specific integration harnesses, the Adrenaline Autosound experts install these systems so you hear the caller through your vehicle’s speaker system. Sound quality of the call is also very good in these systems.
- Factory Integration Bluetooth Kits – Vehicles that did not offer the Bluetooth hands-free option or where the vehicle lacks the factory option (if it was available) can use a very integrated Bluetooth solution enabling hands-free capabilities those vehicles. These solutions utilize the factory in-dash stereo and steering wheel buttons in the same way the factory Bluetooth operates. This is the ultimate level of factory integration available for many GM, Cadillac, Ford, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Land Rover and many others. Ask our resident expert technicians about availability for your specific vehicle.
- Universal Hands-Free Kits – If you want to have the basics of Bluetooth hands-free calling without some of the more feature-packed systems, Adrenaline Autosound offers several universal hands-free calling solutions that fit any vehicle with an FM radio or front panel Auxiliary Input to provide basic hands-free calling capability.
Many Bluetooth hands-free solutions available at Adrenaline Autosound also support music streaming over the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). This enables wireless music streaming from your smartphone when engaged in a phone call.
Visit Adrenaline Autosound Today For Driver Safety Solutions
Call Adrenaline Autosound at (919) 359-0009 to schedule a complimentary, personalized consultation of your specific vehicle and driver safety device needs. Whether backup cameras, Bluetooth hands-free calling or any other driver safety device installation, the experts at Adrenaline Autosound have you covered. The expert technicians thoughtfully listen and recommend safer driving solutions based on your specific requirements to ensure you have a safer driving experience.